Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology
This department aims to clarify the characteristics and functions of various bioresources such as animals, plants, microbes,
and traditional fermented foods in the subtropical area by means of genetic engineering, biochemistry, physiochemistry, physiology,
nutritional science, and cookery science. Based on these findings, we will contribute to affluent and healthy life through the production of
novel valuable compounds by biotechnology and the development of useful materials for functional foods, fermented foods, medicines, and pesticides.
We will also train nutritionists who understand characteristics of local community．By those, we will contribute to affluent, healthy life and longevity.
- Key words
Medicine and pesticide,
- Main subjects
- The course aims to clarify the characteristics and functions of various bioresources in the subtropical zone at various levels, from molecule to in vivo; in addition it is focused on the acquisition of specialized knowledge about the development and utilization of functional materials.
- ・Biologically Active Substance Science
- ・Biomass Applications
- ・Genetic Engineering
- ・Chemistry of Natural Products
- Food Science and Nutrition
- The course aims to clarify the functionality of foods through the viewpoints of health and longevity and to develop new food materials. It also involves the acquisition of specialized knowledge about the development of a healthy life and longevity.
- ・Food Analysis
- ・Food Functional Chemistry
- ・Food Hygienics
- ・Nutritional Biochemistry
- ・Biomacromolecular Chemistry
- Fermentation and Life Science
- The course aims to acquire specialized knowledge with regard to life science and biochemistry of microbial bioresources in the subtropical zone and their applications including the development of regional fermented products.
- ・Fermentation Chemistry
- ・Awamori Brewing Scicence
- ・Applied Enzymology
- ・Protein Engineering
- Health and Nutritional Science
- The course aims to grasp diets scientifically and practically based on human nutrition and master technical knowledge related to the realization of health and aged society.
- ・Cookery Science
- ・Life Stage Nutrition
- ・Clinical Nutrition
- ・Nutrition Counseling
- ・Food Service Management
- ・Public Health Nutrition